Monday, March 28, 2011

Joya beauty: Make Up Lessons

Joya beauty offers a unique service that many underestimate the power of; a makeup lesson.

Many of you start the day with your makeup bag, which includes foundation that may or may not be actually the right color, a variety of eye shadows that again... may or may not be the perfect color for your skin tones and a host of other types products that you have used for years and have become comfortable with. Now, in my professional experience, many people are misusing, overusing and incorrectly applying expensive makeup products. What a waste of time and money!

In a ninety minute Joya beauty makeup lesson, using your current makeup or Joya beauty "custom blended for you" makeup, we will cover the following:
  • Analysis of your needs, application time constraints and skill level
  • Skin Care assessment and complimentary brow shaping (using hard wax or threading)
  • Review your current products - what works best for you, what doesn't
  • Instructions on current makeup techniques and the latest colors
  • Your makeup chart with notes providing a detailed description of best product placement to achieve the desired effect 
You will leave the Joya beauty Studio with a refreshed look and a sense of accomplishment... along with a great makeup application that you can use every day or for a special occasion!

Brylye, seen below, came to Joya beauty for a makeup lesson and makeup application for a professional photo shoot.  Check out her before and after photos... what a difference just a little makeup and lipstick can do!

Before
 After
 Professional Photo Shoot
Photos taken by the amazing Jennifer at Aphrodite Wedding Photography in Dover. 

If you would like to schedule an appointment, just email me Joanne@joyabeauty.com

Bryle wrote this lovely note following her makeup lesson:
Joanne,

I want to take a minute to share a great experience I had the other day with all of you.
I have heard from many friends and other vendors in the wedding industry here in NH that Joanne McDonough owner of Joya Beauty http://joyabeauty.com is the best for bridal makeup and progressive skin care. Desperately feeling dull and that I needed to try something different with my normal everyday makeup routine I made an appointment to go visit Joanne for a make up lesson.

I arrived at Joya Beauty a little nervous with no makeup on and my little bag of $5 Rimmel cosmetics. Joanne had asked to me to bring the products I currently used. She was very friendly when she greeted me and had me sit right in the makeup chair. Joanne asked me what technique I wanted her to teach me. I said "Everyday makeup and going out as well. Pretty much help me get rid of my dark under eye circles!"

Joanne took a look at all of my products that I had brought with me. I though for sure the next thing she was going to say was lets get you some new makeup, but she did not. Joanne took the current products that I was using and started incorporating into the techniques she was teaching me!! I was convinced that because the makeup was so inexpensive that must have been my problem. It wasn't though it was my technique .

Joanne for the next hour created a map of what I needed to follow to achieve my daytime and night time looks. Joanne also showed me how to apply it myself. I was so amazed by her knowledge of makeup artistry. Joanne was unbelievable on helping me solve my problem spots, dark under eye circles and my flush cheeks. I also understood all of her explanations and really felt that I could go home to recreate myself.

I purchased a few products from Joanne. For all of you that know me I don't like to spend a lot of money and I love a bargain. Joya Beauty's pricing is very affordable and is custom to you! Her clients receive that unique skill that you can not find in a do it yourself magazine lesson or behind a beauty counter at some big box department store.

After my experience with Joanne I feel beautiful! It has been 3 days now since I had my lesson. I still understand my lesson, I am using my technique map, and best of all those dark under eye circles have disappeared! I just loved the entire experience from beginning to end! I would highly recommend Joya Beauty! Joanne is very talented and down to earth. That atmosphere that she provides to her clients is warm and inviting!

Love, Love, Loved it! Thank you soo much Joanne!

Brylye Collins

Brylye Collins Photography

http://brylyecollinsphotography.com/

(603)608-6217



1 comments:

Unknown said...

What great feedback. Sounds like an amazing afternoon!

 

©2009 Joya beauty | by TNB